Do you want to have a beautiful smile? Dr. Joshua Frandsen and Horizon Dental are proud to offer Smile Shapers Orthodontics in Taylorsville. Smile Shapers can help give you a dazzling look with straight teeth without going through traditional braces. They are a clear aligner orthodontic treatment that will enhance your smile and increase your oral health. And because they are transparent, no one will even know you’re wearing them!
Smile Shapers For Excellent Oral Health
Smile Shapers are clear aligners that are used to correct a wide variety of dental problems. They can be great for both children and adults who have crooked or gapped teeth and those who have various bite issues. The aligners are made from your smile impressions out of soft but durable plastic to ensure that they fit comfortably and adequately onto your teeth – meaning you can wear them during any activity, even while eating and drinking.
Smile Shapers vs. Traditional Braces
Traditional braces are an effective way to treat many orthodontic issues, but Smile Shapers have some advantages:
- Traditional braces can make it difficult to chew and speak. Sometimes the brackets rub into the gums, and you need to be careful when eating hard or sticky foods. With Smile Shapers, you won’t have to worry about it.
- With traditional braces, food can get stuck in the wires and brackets, leading to tooth decay. Smile Shapers will help keep your teeth and gums healthy. You can take them out when you’re eating and brushing your teeth, and being removable also means they’re easy to keep clean.
- Smile Shapers are nearly invisible, so they won’t affect your appearance like metal braces would. You can feel confident knowing that your smile looks excellent.
What Can Smile Shapers Treatment Do For Me?
The first thing you’ll notice is an improvement in your smile. Smile Shapers can improve teeth’ appearance and functionality. Specifically, they can help improve:
- Crooked teeth: This is the most common reason people get Smile Shapers. They can help straighten your teeth so you have a beautiful smile.
- Crowded teeth: This can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. Smile Shapers will help improve your oral health by straightening your teeth and giving you more space in your mouth.
- Gaps in teeth: Gaps between your teeth can cause food to get stuck and lead to tooth decay. Smile Shapers will help close the gaps to have a healthier mouth.
- Overbite: This occurs when your upper teeth bite over your lower teeth. Smile Shapers can help improve your bite to chew and speak properly.
- Underbite: This occurs when your lower teeth protrude in front of your upper teeth. Smile Shapers can help improve this common bite problem and improve the appearance of your teeth and jaw.
- Crossbite: This occurs when your upper teeth bite the inside of your lower teeth. Smile Shapers can help correct this, giving you a more functional bite.
How Do I Get Set Up With Smile Shapers?
The first step is to schedule a Smile Shapers consultation with us in Taylorsville so we can do a complete oral exam and oral health history and ensure you’re a good candidate for Smile Shapers. We will then take impressions of your teeth and send these off to the Smile Shapers lab, where they will be custom-made for you. Once your aligners are ready, we will have you come in for a fitting. We will make sure they fit correctly and answer any questions you may have.
How Long Does Smile Shapers Treatment Take?
You will be able to see results in as little as two weeks, and many people achieve their desired smile in six months or less. You just need to wear the Smile Shapers for 20-22 hours a day and change them every two weeks for the next aligner set provided by Dr. Frandsen.
Keeping Your Smile in Great Shape in Taylorsville, Utah
Smile Shapers are an affordable, convenient, and comfortable way to improve your smile. Not only will you look great, but you’ll feel great too.
Please schedule an appointment today on our website. We offer free consultations for all new patients.