At Horizon Dental, we offer exceptional and realistic dental restorations for any number of your teeth that need it. Although it is more common for patients to need restorative care, we know that there is always a want for a more aesthetic smile that can only happen through cosmetic dentist services. In our office, we offer many different cosmetic services that can minimally or drastically change the appearance of your smile. One of our services that are always in high demand is Smile Shapers.
Smile Shapers are a type of clear aligner orthodontic treatment that will enhance the appearance of your smile and increase your oral health. Patients who want orthodontic treatment usually suffer from one or more of the following:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
Not only do these tooth alignment issues cause your smile to appear misaligned, but they can also cause oral health issues if not corrected.
Smile Shapers Treatment Process
When inquiring about participating in Smile Shapers, you need to schedule a consultation appointment with our dentist to determine if they are the best fit for you. We will do a complete oral exam and oral health history in this consultation. If there are current issues, they will need to be addressed before starting treatment.
Once we clear you to participate, we will create your personalized treatment plan. We will take impressions, photos, and x-rays of your teeth to make this. From these, we can create your clear aligners for treatment and develop your treatment plan, which encompasses how much your teeth need to move and how long your treatment will be.
The Smile Shapers is a series of clear aligner sets that slowly move your teeth into their correct position. You will receive a new set when the previous stage has put your teeth in place.
Aligners are made from your smile impressions out of soft but durable plastic to ensure that they fit comfortably and adequately onto your teeth. Aligners need to be comfortable because, for optimal treatment results, you should wear aligners for at least 20 hours out of the day.
Smile Shaper Benefits
There are many benefits to Smile Shapers when you compare Smile Shapers to traditional metal braces, including:
- Aligners are made out of clear dental plastic that allows you to undergo treatment discreetly, without drawing unwanted attention.
- Because treatment is unnoticeable to most, patients can maintain a professional appearance and confidence during treatment.
- Aligners are removable, allowing patients to remove them to eat, brush and floss their teeth, and play physical sports. There are many limitations that patients participating in Smile Shapers don’t have to worry about with braces.
- More often than not, Smile Shapers treatment time is less than traditional braces depending on the severity of the changes needed.
- Choosing traditional braces as your orthodontic treatment is essential to go into the office to get wires tightened frequently. With Smile Shapers, the dentist only needs to see you when retrieving your new set of aligners in the series.
Set up a Consultation
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile, and you are ready to take the leap in taking advantage of Smile Shapers, give our office a call. Any one of our team members is available to help you set up a consultation appointment with the dentist to start your treatment.
Please call us if you have any questions or concerns regarding Smile Shapers or any other of our cosmetic dental procedures. We want you to love your smile, so we are here to do all we can to make that happen.